THE FOIA FIREWORKS CAMPAIGN IS UNDERWAY
YOUR SUPPORT CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
The Freedom of Information Act is a federal statute which allows citizens to access government records. The Lawyers’ Committee for 9/11 Inquiry has begun an ambitious campaign to retrieve crucial evidence from the government which can be used in drafting Grand Jury Petitions and lawsuits, connecting the dots with evidence, linking the three 9/11 crimes scenes.
The Lawyers’ Committee has filed separate FOIA lawsuits and State actions and has numerous FOIA requests outstanding for important information waiting to be responded to by the government, and litigated, in most cases because of government refusal to honor the request and abide by the Federal FOIA statute.
The Sons of Liberty
The FOIA is a critical tool in the struggle to promote transparency and accountability in Government regarding the crimes of 9/11. The Lawyers’ Committee FOIA actions include three ongoing law suits and 16 outstanding FOIA requests which need to be litigated. Your support is needed for the following:
1. FEMA/NIST #12-057 against the Federal Emergency and Management Administration (FEMA) and the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) for all raw data collected during FEMA’s Building Performance Study.
2. NIST FOIA #12-177 seeks access to NIST’s WTC7 data regarding crucial Column 79 measurements so that government analyses of collapse can be checked for accuracy.
3. NIST FOIA #12-028 seeks access to the NIST’s 2003 and 2004 interviews with first responders.
4. New Jersey Open Public Records Act (OPRA) action seeking records related to processing of film confiscated during an arrest of individuals on 9/11.
5. Pennsylvania Right To Know Act arbitration resulted in the release of hundreds of Shanksville records to the Lawyers’ Committee.
FOIA REQUESTS IN PROCESS
1. NSA FOIA #103441 and #106389 seeks raw data for incidents before, during and after 9/11.
2. New York FOIL request seeks communications to and from the NY State Emergency Management Office related to the WTC disaster.
3. Multiple FBI and NTSB requests seek all records related to the recovery and documentation of human remains and wreckage from the Pentagon and Shanksville sites.
4. NIST FOIA request seeks all records related to the mentions of a heat source during the modeling of WTC7.
COMPLETED FOIA REQUESTS WHICH HAVE LITIGATION POTENTIAL
1. FBI FOIA #1347927 seeking the list(s) related to imagery of plane parts, (photos or video)
2. NTSB FOIA #2017-266 seeking the list(s) of photos or videos of plane parts.
3. FBI FOIA #1385080 seeking the list of identified plane parts.
4. NTSB FOIA #2017-399 seeking the list(s) of identified parts.
5. NTSB FOIA #2017-293 seeking a map of the UA93 crash site (FBI/NTSB record).
6. Secret Service FOIA #18-115 seeking White House optimized radar data.
7. SEC FOIA seeking records related to insider trading.
8. NIST FOIA seeking videos collected by NIST.
9. DOD FOIA #10A-0178 seeking records related to the Pentagon CCTV videos.
10. FBI FOIA #1392650 seeks specific multiple items related to film and cameras confiscated during an arrest in New Jersey on 9/11/01.
11. FBI FOIA #1432189-000 seeking NTSB records related to Form 6120.15
YOUR SUPPORT IS NECESSARY TO SEE THIS EFFORT THROUGH.